Timings : 9 AM - 7:30 PM (Mon to Sat)
Phone : +91-8595-22-33-55
Email : email@example.com
Pregnancy unfolds numerous mysteries to women. They experience tons of new things that happen to them during the gestation and sometimes find themselves amidst tons of emotions which are unknown to them. Pregnancy period generally change their whole world into something new and exciting phase. But this is often not the case for all women, if at one hand they experience complete joy for the arrival of their unborn then at the opposite hand they'll feel a touch depressed due to the physical, emotional and mental changes happening in them.
During pregnancy most of the changes happen because of the release of hormones that affects one’s emotions and should even cause depression. Depression may be a mood disorder that deteriorates ones thought process, the way they feel and act and it often hinders the daily routine of the expectant mother. The emotional change is often mild or severe and should possibly declines over the time of the treatment.
Both physical and mental factors shape one’s environment and just in case of an expectant mother feels that there's a huge change that's affecting her badly, then she should consult the doctor immediately.
How depression affects your gestation and therefore the baby:
• Increases risk of miscarriage.
• Affects the expansion of fetus
• Increase chances of premature deliveries.
• Low weight of the infant.
If it’s not treated on time, depression can become a postpartum depression which will last for months or years affecting the health also because the relationship between the mother and therefore the baby. Adding on to maternal depression, an infant also can suffer from depression. it's going to result the baby in having difficulty in interacting with their mothers and furthermore it's going to not be ready to develop skills.
Symptoms of depression:
Symptoms are often subtle and severe and therefore the expectant mothers do mislead by treating depressive disorder for casual moodiness. the rationale for such mistakes is that depression usually leads to normal changes like insomnia or fatigue. If the enlisted symptoms last for quite fortnight then it is often a symbol of depression.
Changes in one’s Emotion:
• Perpetual felling of emptiness and sadness
• Irritation, anxiety, anger and frustration.
• Constant crying for no apparent reason.
Changes in One’s Body:
• Lack of energy and feeling exhausted all the time.
• Head ache, stomach ache etc.
Changes in Daily Routine:
• Irregular eating habits.
• Condition of insomnia or hypersomnia.
• Memory related issues.
• Loss of interest in daily activities
• A sudden withdrawal from family and friends.
Causes of Depression During Pregnancy:
There are multiple factors which reinforces the probabilities of depression during pregnancy which is as follows:
• If one has inherited it form their ancestors.
• If one was clinical depressed within the past then they're more likely to be suffering during pregnancy.
• Lack of support from family, friends and most importantly from the partner.
• Stressful life events and if the pregnancy was unplanned.
Treatment for Depression During Pregnancy:
• Groups and online communities.
• Natural Remedy for Depression:
• Proper and Nutritious diet.
It is important for an expectant mother to beat issues like depression in order that she will enjoy her pregnancy instead of stressing about it.