Timings : 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM (Mon to Sat)
Phone : +91-8595-22-33-55
Email : email@example.com
Infertility had been a mystery subject for a long time. However, technology and science have busted many of the myths and misconceptions about Infertility and IVF Treatment.
Here are some of the facts and myths relevant to infertility to end the hysteria around the problems associated with the inability to conceive.
1. MYTH: Infertility is only associated with women and cannot be treated.
FACT: It has been a prolonged notion that infertility occurs only in females. However, now it’s a proven fact that both males and females can be infertile. There are numerous treatments that can help handle this issue such as IUI, IVF treatment.
2. MYTH: Age has nothing to do with fertility.
FACT: Fertility is affected by age to a much greater extent than that we can comprehend. Around the age of 35 years, the woman’s ovarian reserve begins to decrease, and once she reaches 40, poor quality eggs frequently outnumber healthy eggs. So, her probability of getting pregnant is significantly reduced, and fertility also decreases.
3. MYTH: Infertility is psychological. Relaxing is sufficient for people to be able to get pregnant.
FACT: Infertility is a medical issue that cannot be resolved merely by relaxing. It needs medical attention and treatments like IVF. Pressure, stress, and other emotions may affect fertility but are not a cause of infertility.
4. MYTH: If the first pregnancy was smooth and successful the second time will be uncomplicated and quick as well.
FACT: People often feel that there won’t be any complication in getting pregnant for the second time. However, the body undergoes several changes after the first pregnancy. Therefore, the second one can be troublesome, and some couples may even face secondary fertility problems.
5. MYTH: Fertility treatments are too complex.
FACT: Fertility treatments are very safe and efficient procedures, these are not that complex. Even high-complexity treatments such as IVF are done easily to help couples facing issues (damaged Fallopian tubes, low sperm count, etc.) that prevent them from having babies.
6. MYTH: All IVF treatment clinics have the same success rate and do not make any difference in treatment.
FACT: Even though they might implement similar procedures like IVF, ICSI, etc. but, not all fertility clinics offer the same prospect of success. Factors such as the protocols, the technology used, follow-ups, quality controls, costs, and financing can entirely different from one to another. Therefore, the outcome is also different.
When choosing a fertility clinic, you must consider the following about the clinic:
● It should provide precise information about your diagnosis and treatment suggested the total cost of the treatment.
● The experience, behavior, and level of expertise of the faculty.
● Their past IVF success rates.
For more information, get in touch with the fertility experts at First Step IVF today.
It's always recommended to take a second opinion with the experts.