The medication we intake influences our body, whether it is good or has an adverse effect. Every woman goes through the most crucial and precious nine-months in her life that we call pregnancy. During pregnancy, every woman should be cautious throughout the entire period of nine months. She should be careful about the consumption of any medication and must consult her gynecologist beforehand.
The proper knowledge related to medication consumption during pregnancy can be acquired well from your health specialist. To conceive a healthy pregnancy, the woman needs to avoid the consumption of any painkillers or any drugs. The negative outcome could have side effects on your mother's body or cause problems related to the baby's health.
• Ibuprofen is also known as a painkiller, the consumption of which can relieve body pain. It is the most common and used painkiller. However, during pregnancy, its consumption is strictly prohibited.
• As per studies, sperm production and male fertility could be impacted by certain painkillers' intake over a while.
• As per studies, the intake of ibuprofen in the first trimester of pregnancy can hinder the growth of ovaries in a female fetus.
• Ibuprofen comes under NSAIDs: (Non - Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs). It can solve the problem of menstrual cramps in women but can disrupt ovulation. The release of eggs could be hindered due to the intake of these classes of drugs which impair the rupture of the larger follicle.
• Paracetamol is the best choice for treating any mild pain or fever during the period of pregnancy.
• The medication is not necessary for minor aches or mild cough unless the pain becomes unbearable.
• Isotretinoin and Thalidomide (Thalomid) taken for ache and any skin disease should be avoided if you are expecting.
• Get a consultation from a general practitioner or midwives before consuming any antidepressants, lithium for Bipolar disorder, phenytoin for seizures, certain chemotherapies for Cancer, fluconazole for yeast infections, and Albuterol for asthma.
• Opioids provide temporary pain relief but might be life-threatening to both baby and pregnant mother. Hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine morphine come under opioid painkillers.
• The continued usage of painkillers by mother could be the reason that babies are likely to have:
Spina bifida, Hydrocephalus, Glaucoma, Gastroschises, congenital heart disease, ventricular atrial septal disease, pulmonary valve stenosis.
After knowing the harmful effects of painkillers and their side effects, it is advised to stay away from this dangerous medication during the nine months of pregnancy. To successfully deliver a healthy baby, intake of a proper diet with no painkillers is necessary. Get in touch with our experts at FirstStepIVF, the best IVF clinic in Delhi.
It's always recommended to take a second opinion with the experts.
Copyright © 2022 All Right Reserved by First Step IVF