There is no conceiving in secondary infertility or completion of nine months in the second pregnancy after one child. Second infertility is when you try to conceive after first child without fertility medication or treatment, such as IVF.
Even after trying for a period of 6 months to a year if you are not able to conceive then it may be the symptom of secondary infertility. At the same time, in some cases, women conceive but are unable to keep the child in the womb for the full nine months and they get aborted.
Reasons for Secondary infertility in Women
• Women are born with a limited number of eggs and after delivery, they are not able to make new eggs. After 40, the number of eggs in the ovary is very less and the remaining eggs are more prone to chromosomal problems. It becomes difficult to conceive without good-quality eggs.
• Even if the fallopian tube that carries the egg from the ovary to the uterus is blocked, it is not possible to conceive.
• Cesarean delivery or D&C procedure can also make it difficult to get pregnant.
• Apart from this, due to endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, breastfeeding, and being overweight, it can be difficult to become a mother for the second time.
Treatments for the secondary infertility
• Usually, couples go to a fertility specialist if they are unable to conceive after trying for 8 to 12 months. After the age of 35 or if there is any kind of health problem, you should talk to the doctor before this.
• Only after knowing about the health condition and fertility problem of both partners, the specialist tells us that with the help of which treatment you will be able to become a parent for the second time.
• Blood tests, ovulation tests, pelvic exams, X-rays of the fallopian tubes, transvaginal ultrasound, and other tests to look at the uterus and cervix are done to check hormonal levels. Only after this, the doctor can prescribe any treatment for you.
It's always recommended to take a second opinion with the experts.
Copyright © 2022 All Right Reserved by First Step IVF